Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Growing Up


Natalie

So, I deliver babies. And I see these babies (and feel, before they come out) from about 17ish weeks of pregnancy until about 6 weeks after birth. I very rarely see these babes after the 6 week check. Well this last week I did! And it was CRAZY. First I got a text from one of my moms asking if I would come and be a godmother at her son’s (Noah) dedication. So I of course agreed. It is kind of more of a symbolic thing in the Philippines…. So later I find out that Noah’s mom is the sister-in-law of Cindy (Natalie’s mom). So… it was a very mixed up story, but it turns out Noah and Natalie (I am godmother to both) are sort of cousins (through marriage). The point of this very confusing relationship maze is that: I went to the party and Natalie and Cindy were there!! Great! I haven’t seen them since Natalie’s christening, months ago (at the beginning of the year…)! She is SO big, and she still has crazy a lot of hair! Here are some pictures of Natalie with her midwife. Then, and now. :-)

Natalie now!!

Mimi, Pil, Prixie, and her Lola (grandma)

I also got a text last week from another continuity, Mimi. She was concerned about something, but I tried to be reassuring, and “solve” her problem… we’ll see. Anyway, I told her to come in and bring Prixie Mae, because they live very close. So she did! And I got to see 4 month old Prixie. She is beautiful and funny. She has a great personality! So, Mimi and I chatted for a while, and she brought me some fruit!! Yum! And I got to see her and Prixie. Here are some pictures of Prixie then and now!!

Mimi, Prixie, and I, now!!

So I spent a while praying for all the baby boys and girls that I have assisted into the world, and that God would just show these kids HIS Glory, and make them into men and women who will live for Him. And that God will continue to provide for them and for their families, and show His face in a way that is undeniable for them, so they will grow up to know Him!

No comments: