Monday, November 12, 2007

sigh

Wow! I finally finished my assignment. that one was a killer. It wasn't exactly hard... just long and time consuming. So after malaria set me back about 6 days, I finally finished Sunday night (definitely 6 days after I wanted to). It was due monday afternoon, so it turned out ok. God is SO faithful. I just have to take the test on... tomorrow, and then on to the next assignment, which, I hear, is a real whopper... so yikes!

In other news me and Holly got to work together yesterday!! It was prenatals, so we really didn't see each other at all. BUT our cubicles were right next to each other, and it was so great to be able to hear her with the women, and to listen to them joke and laugh together. It made my heart smile. She however, did not hear my initial prenatal karaoke joke... In the Philippines karaoke is HUGE!!! Like, really, a karaoke machine on every corner! so on the day of initial prenatals sometimes the girls have no clue what is going to happen, so we tell them... "Here at mercy..." so I always talk about the fetoscope (like a stethoscope, but different...) to hear the heart beat, but then I also tell them about the doppler I tell them it's like a microphone, for their baby to do karaoke! and they always laugh so hard at my very funny joke... actually, a lady responded yesterday with, "Oh yes, I know this baby is going to be a karaoke star, this is practice!" HA HA HA, it was hilarious! Well, anyway, here are some pictures of Holly and I doing prenatals... not yesterday... but recently... :-) Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Vixie Friedman said...

You look like a natural there doing prenatals. That's quite a funny joke abiout the baby doing karaoke. I'm glad your sense of humor is still intact. I love you and I'm so proud of you!