Monday, November 05, 2007

Oy!

Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay in posting... I have been very sick for the past... week ish... I've had malaria and basically not moved from my bedroom for about 6 days, not eating/drinking, etc... But God is faithful, and He was taking care of me, and Holly was taking care of my physical needs (which, is kind of difficult, I'm not the best sick person... I'm not very compliant...). I am so blessed by her. But anyway...
Today I had a three week check with Cindy and Natalie. Natalie is getting SO big! She was over 7 lbs! yay! She was still kind of jaundice, which should have probably gone away by now, but her grandmother was giving her this "vitamin" supplement and thought that was enough, and she didn't need to follow our instructions. But I told her to stop giving her the vitamins, and sun her a little... and keep feeding a lot. Cindy is so grand, she texts me all the time! :-) And nice ones, too, not just forwards (in the Philippines they send a lot of forwards to people, they are kind of silly, but ... yeah). Last night she sent me a message saying that she was so excited to see me tomorrow (today), and that she misses me, and Natalie does too! :-) And today they brought me some mangos! my favorite! I've decided that Natalie looks just like her mom! They are both so cute!

So on the school front... Our teacher for this assignment graciously extended the due date from Friday at 12 to Monday at 2! I was SO glad, because when I was sick, I couldn't do any of it... I couldn't think well... So that left me about 4 days to do about half of the assignment that we had 3 weeks to do! yikes! I was SO excited about the extension, so now, I can do a bit of a better job with it. Speaking of "it." I should probably go work on it some more! Have a wonderful week! I will update again sooner! :-)

3 comments:

jenna and brianna konkle said...

:) It's so great to read (and see) how much you are for these women, Sare...you're spirit is refreshing!!

Vixie Friedman said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you were sick. I missed your posting and wondered what you were up to. Tell Holly thanks for taking care of you for all of us.
Natalie is adorable with such big cheeks. It's great to know you are able to help, isn't it?
Love you,
Miss Vix

JennJo said...

Where'd you pick up malaria?? Did you go to the mountains? Ugh. Glad it didn't take you long to get over it!