Tuesday, July 29, 2008

~Coming and going~

So about a year ago I was just arriving in Davao, and I remember riding over in the plane from Manilla to Davao looking out the window to try and catch a glimpse of my new home... I was looking for a "big orange house" which is where i knew I would live, if only I knew then what I know now... there are TONS of "big orange" structures around davao city, it seems to be quite the popular color for house painting...

I was staring out the window thinking, oh my goodness, what is this place? It looks so beautiful from the sky... What will God have for me here....

Today I brought a classmate to the airport, and these memories came flooding back. I saw the place where I stepped out of the airport and saw the MMC crowd waiting and cheering for us... and I remember walking down the "red carpet" and meeting them all... Oh my goodness. I was so overwhelmed, and tired, and excited... And now it's normal. It's just life. It's just here. So much can change in a year. The 8 strangers who met in Oregon, would meet the rest of their class and become an amazing team of women... I tell you, it's been such a short year, but so much has happened... it's hard to imagine that it's only been a year...

P.S. Sorry about the lack of pictures in the last couple of posts, the internet+blogger=no pictures... :-(

No comments: