Tuesday, April 03, 2012

On being a mom...

Someone asked me how I enjoy being a mom... truth is... I love it. I've always been a little mom... ask my sisters! :-) I have always wanted to be a mother... more than any other thing, any job on earth... a mommy. Thats what I wanted... I think that God has given me this desire, from such a young age, to prepare me for what HE has in store for me now! I was at our church's orphan care group meeting last week, and the leaders showed the video by Eric Ludy "Depraved Indifference." I had seen the video several times before, if you haven't seen it... definitely check it out. It is worth the 8 minutes of your time. Each time I watched it, I was moved to tears... This time was no different. One of the points struck me extra hard this time, it was talking about US being the body of Christ, the actual physical body of Christ to the world. "I work through my body, I am a father to the fatherless through my body, I rescue the week and the vulnerable through you! And if you're not doing it no one is!" God has been preparing MY heart to be HIS body, and move to care for HIS children. He said "I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you" (John 14:18). He wants to use me... to be His body, His hands and feet... you know, I say that all the time... and it means something to me, it really does... but, I don't think I grasped how much it should mean to me until just lately... I want to show Jesus to these kids, I want to show Jesus to Mozambique, I want to show them God's love... but, man... thats heavy. Kind of overwhelmed with the magnitude of that. "[God] is longing for an advocate to stand up and say I'm willing God, to fight for what is yours. I'm willing God, burden me." I'm willing God, and I am burdened...

No comments: