Tuesday, October 02, 2007

The week in review...


So this has been a pretty eventful week for me... I have finished my assignment, saw a bunch of babies be born, worked my first night shift... transported my first baby (that was not so fun)... we went to that high ropes course, and that was pretty much great fun.



Friday night Michelle and I had a swing shift and we had two little girls born and I got to do SO much. I got to do the footprints and weight and bath and cutting the cord, and so much stuff! It was SO great! I felt like I was actually doing stuff, like making a useful contribution to the shift... So the footprints... they are not as easy as you would think... the baby has her little foot out, and she is crinkling up the toes, and trying to pull her foot away, and wiggle her toes around... so, she kinda looks like she has 12 toes on one foot... but no fear, it's actually only 5 on each foot! :-)

Outland Adventure (the ropes course) was great! There was a lot of really scary stuff, but I did it all and at the end, I was really happy with myself, and also rather sore... :-) There were lots of team building activities, and we really learned a lot about each other. And we only had one small accident when we were there... there was this girl, actually it's Michelle (the one I always work with), and she was going down the zip line, and there was a problem with the brakes, so she didn't stop and she kept flying by until she rammed into the emergency stoppers right before the tree. So she slammed into the ground and the wire pulled her up and smashed her down a couple of times before she finally stopped... She was hurt pretty a lot, but not seriously, thank God. She has a HUGE bruise on her upper thigh where she landed the first time, and a slight concussion, and a bunch of other bruises, but God was so merciful, because if she would have gone even 3 feet further, she would have slammed right into the pole that was holding the zip line, and been in a much worse situation.

It's been a good weekend of hard work and lots of fun. And this week is going to be great too! Friday we have our first test... we turned in our assignment today... so ikes, now it's starting.. :-) I hope you all have a wonderful week!

~Sarah

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so fun to read your blog and see pics of you doing stuff at MMC! You look like you are really getting the hang of things :)

Anonymous said...

wow, honey...6 toes on one foot. isn't that almost like a greenleaf thing? :-) i love you!

Holly Findley said...

Yay for babies with 27 toes! You're going to be an awesome midwife Sar.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, sometimes McDonald's is really great, especially when you are in another country it is a little bit of home. Been keeping up reading your blog and such, sounds like you have been pretty busy with alot of hands on experience.

P.S. the sunburn thing could have actually been wind burn too if you were on a boat.

Keep up the good work! Love You.
Big Auntie Angel

Vixie Friedman said...

Sarah,
I'm back and it's good to catch up on what is going on with you. Sounds like a lot of hard work and a lot of fun.
I always found it easier to take footprints if I held the sheet of paper on something hard like a clipboard and it helped to be able to control all those wiggly toes and make it look more like a real foot.Some of my early footprints looked like monster babies.
Love you,
Miss Vix