Sunday, September 30, 2007

think breaks, comfort food, and chicken nuggets




I am not sure how many of you know about my undying relationship with chicken nuggets... I love them. They are my favorite form of fast food. And when I go into a third world country, I just say goodbye to my beautiful chicken nugget friends. Well, I was prepared to go for a whole year (until my holiday) without my dear nuggets, but I stumbled into a McDo (McDonalds), actually only wanting to go to the bathroom (cause they have toilet paper (most of the time), and soap!!). All I had heard about was the fried chicken, spaghetti, and rice they have at McDo here... I walked in, and to my utter delight there on the menu was something that looked very similar to my good friends, chicken nuggets!!! So I decided that in addition to the potty break, I would sample a Philippines McDonalds meal... And, people, besides being slightly overcooked... it tasted like home!! I was jubilant!!! So, yesterday, when I was doing massive finishing of the assignment (which is due tomorrow, and 98 % done) I needed to have some chicken nuggets.... so me and Holly walked to McDonalds and I got a big old honking order of nuggets and Holly had a quarter pounder with cheese... it was a wonderful think break, and I came home and was ready to work again!!! I'm really excited to have this little "taste of home" in this crazy different culture. I feel like it's just another way I am being blessed here (who ever thought I'd be blessed by McDonalds??).


I hope you all are well. I am praying for you.
~Sarah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you two are so goofy! and i love you :-)!

mom