Wednesday, September 26, 2007

First time Moms!

So... prenatals today, they went great! I only couldn't find one baby's heart beat, but no worries, it was there, I just couldn't find it... The baby was kicking me like mad, it was just in a different position than I was expecting... oops! :-) But I had 2 first time moms, and they were pretty early, like 22 weeks and 25 weeks. And I found the heart beat, and I asked if they had heard it before, and they said no, and I asked if they wanted to hear, and they both grinned and nodded... so I took off the ear thingys of the fetoscope, and she popped them on... and, I can't describe it. The incredible joy that comes on the faces of these mothers when they hear their baby's heart beating for the first time. It's so amazing. All the women are happy, all the women grin to hear their baby's heart beats, first, second, however many times... but the first time moms who haven't ever heard... wow, their faces, I just love to watch their faces... I go pretty slowly, with mine... I love to watch the moms as I am palpating their baby and the baby kicks me. They are so funny. I wish I had some pictures to show you, maybe next week! Prenatals are great, and they are getting less scary (english speaking mothers help a lot, though! ) and I just love the moms, I really hope that I can take enough time with each one to really show them the love of Jesus.

~Sarah

1 comment:

JennJo said...

I LOVE doing that! It makes me SO happy to be able to share the new life that seems so ambiguous with them! I'm feelin ya girl!
Way to go on making it through your first assignment and your first exam and your first month!
And, glad you found something familiar among the oh so unfamiliar.