Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Yay!




Oh wow! I finally saw a baby!! It was a great shift. Lots of interesting stuff.


The first girl we had was only 30 weeks (I think) and her water broke, and she was having contractions. And we had to transport her because she was so early. And it was really sad, because when we got to the hospital, they checked to see how she was progressing, and she was pretty far along. She was only 18 and it was her first baby. She had only another girl with her, which I took to be her big sister, but it could be someone else. When they said how far she was, she didn't really understand, but when we told her helper, the helper started crying, and she said, please pray for us, please pray for us. We aren't ready. We don't have anything ready. And she was just sobbing right there in the middle of the hospital, and that is not normal for this culture... I just about lost it right there. I didn't cry, but I came dangerously close.


We had a couple other patients but the one who really got me was this girl Inday. She was 20 years old and was on her 2nd baby. Her labor was SO fast, she was really amazing. There was some craziness involved, but she handled it wonderfully. She gave birth to a little girl, and if I understood right, she wants to name her Ella Mae. She was 7lbs and 5 oz. :-) She is beautiful, and I'm so proud of her mom. Here are some pictures!!!


Praise to the Lord who holds the power of life and death in His hands! Pray for the girl this morning that her baby and her will be ok, and that they will find the money to pay for the hospital.
~Sarah

3 comments:

Vixie Friedman said...

I'm so glad you got to see a birth. It truly is a miraculous thing, isn't it?
Love you,
Miss Vix

JennJo said...

So many things to experience and so many emotions to go along with them, hey?!
How can heartbreak and overwhelming joy fill your heart on the very same day??
Bless you as you learn. Soak in what you can, I know its overwhelming at times.
Praying for you!

Anonymous said...

honey, you look like a natural! congrats on attending the birth of ella mae - she's a beauty.

i love you -
mom